BCO is pleased to announce that it has received a 4Culture grant and a Community Partnership Fund grant from Seattle’s Neighborhood Matching Fund in support of its project entitled “Music as a Bridge to Intercultural Understanding in Seattle” which will present four concerts and a holiday event from September 2018 to May 2019.
During the National Hispanic Heritage Month, BCO will celebrate “El Grito,” Mexico’s Independence Day, at 2pm on Sunday, September 16, at the Ballard Locks.
On Sunday, September 23, BCO will perform a special concert entitled “Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage” at 2pm in the Broadway Performance Hall.
• Music: Danzon (Marquez)
• Guest artists: Bailadores de Bronce dance troupe
• Venue: Broadway Performance Hall
At 2pm on Sunday, November 4th, BCO will perform a Dia de los Santos concert.
• Music: Mozart’s Requiem
• Guest artists: Singing in the Rain Family Choir
• Venue: Plymouth First Congregational Church
(A second Dia de los Santos concert on Friday evening, November 2, at the Museum of History & Industry is still to be confirmed.)
On December 8 & 9 from 4:30pm-7:30pm, BCO will present Latinx Traditional Las Posadas Holiday Family Fiesta at two different venues.
• Music: Traditional
• Activities: singing, fiesta dinner featuring Latinx dishes, pinata
• Guest artists: World Youth Orchestra and BCO Youth Orchestra members
• Location: December 8th venue: Sunset Hill Community & December 9th venue: Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute
On February 15, 2019 at 7:30pm, BCO will perform a Latinx Heritage Concert at the Highline Performing Arts Center in Burien. More details to come.